Re: Measurements

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patterson from 63.104.29.112 on February 28, 2001 at 16:52:17:

In Reply to: Measurements posted by Georgiana Jones on February 28, 2001 at 16:40:22:

: I am far to stupid to accuratly measure my head (For a Peter Bros. Fedora) and body (For a wested Raiders Jacket). Do you think a local tailor could give me my measurements for a price? I want the perfect size...also, I am still a teenager, and my body is still growing..would it be wise to perhaps order the Jacket/Fedora a size or to large? Thoughts/tips would be greatly appreciated.

: Georgiana Jones.
Good idea on the larger size.

On the tailor stuff - most tailors will do the measuring for you as long as you go in when it’s not very busy. For my first Wested, I went down to the nearest Nordstrom’s, walked into the men's suits area and asked for the person who did alterations. I explained that I was having a jacket made by an acquaintance in the UK, and that he needed several measurements from me, and could they help me out. No sweat! They were very nice, and we ended up talking about Wested and the whole interesting story behind the jacket.

When I went back later that year to shop for something I cannot remember, I spotted one of the salespeople that was there when I was measured. He was just getting off of work, and you'll never guess what he was wearing. Wested Temple of Doom, new finish lambskin with satin lining. Funny how things go full circle.

Cheers!

Patterson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: