Hmmmmm...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indianapolis Jones from spider-tr031.proxy.aol.com on February 28, 2001 at 20:29:50:

In Reply to: Radical "Raiders" Hat Theory.... posted by Austin Powers on February 28, 2001 at 19:32:50:

OK, you may have some very valid reasoning behind your conclusions but I have to offer my opinion here. It may be entirely possible that he wore only one or two hats through the filming but I can all but guarantee they had at least a half dozen or more on stand-by. I have a relatively small background with filmmaking but it is enough for me to know that any production, especially the huge Hollywood projects, overcompensate with props & wardrobe especially if it is a significant piece & always if worn by the main character. This isn't just a wardrobe item worn in one scene but throughout the film & a trademark piece.

They have multiples of pretty much anything you can think of that isn't just background because it is far easier & less expensive to have say 6 $200 hats made than to hold up production for a week waiting for one to be made & shipped to location.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]