Since Raiders...(more)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indianapolis Jones from spider-tr031.proxy.aol.com on February 28, 2001 at 20:38:01:

In Reply to: Poll - How long have you been "really into this" hobby, and what was it that really hooked you? posted by Patterson on February 28, 2001 at 18:04:07:

Although I have on & off visited the forum it wasn't until recently I really got into posting & checking back religiously.

As for the hobby in general I remember being completely spellbound by the first trailers for the Raiders. I had to see that movie! My folks took me to see it at one of those old style drive-in theatres out in the countryside in Indiana (appropriately enough). From the giant boulder scene on I was hooked! I had my folks buy the closest thing I could find t the jacket at the time (not very close at all lol) & I got a very cheap whip at a local store. I did have the JC Penny's or Sears pack of figures as a kid & the Truck but that was it.

About 10 years ago I rediscovered my love of toy collecting & patiently waited until i found every single Kenner figure & playset in mint condition which took me until last year to complete. Now I am buying the prop replicas & hope to get a full outfit someday.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]