Since 1981 , really........

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dakota Ellison from spider-to075.proxy.aol.com on February 28, 2001 at 23:00:54:

In Reply to: Poll - How long have you been "really into this" hobby, and what was it that really hooked you? posted by Patterson on February 28, 2001 at 18:04:07:

: Cheers!

: Patterson

When I was a kid, though, I collected Forrest Ackerman's "Famous Monsters of Filmland" and I think it was the same publishers that came out with another mag devoted to the serials. It didn't last very many issues but it covered Flash Gordon, Captain Marvel, King of the Rocketmen, Terry and the Pirates, Perils of Nyoka, Batman, Superman, Spysmasher, all of them. Another mag, Starlog, did a one page story on Raiders a few months before it came out, and I thought, its a tribute to those serials. Then it came out and WOW!! I already had a couple of fedoras and that Halloween of '81 I came up with a G-1 jacket with a removable fur collar and a whip from Tandy leather, and went to a party as Indiana Jones. So this is just part of a lifelong interest in action-adventure type movies, and Indiana Jones is the epitome of the genre.
Cheers,
Dakota

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: