Those white scuffy lines and blemishes would worry the hell out of me!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indydawg from 168.9.41.100 on March 01, 2001 at 08:51:21:

In Reply to: FS---preliminary comments posted by Gregg on March 01, 2001 at 04:02:05:

They REALLY don't sound like anything that should be there! How have you tried getting them off?
If they DO NOT come off, I might consider letting Dave at FS know about it. From what I know of him,
he will probably just want to make you a new one and then get you to send that one back! Just a thought! Other than that, I have not seen one in person, so I cannot
picture what you mean by the "extra space" at the sides of the jacket. Does it stick out too far in the back from your back? Perhaps, with your athletic build, you would need some
special modifications on yours....like a more tapered structure to the jacket. I have the same problem....42 in. chest with a 29-30in. waist...don't know the body fat %, but I haven't checked since my last triathalon....
Hope this helps some....Oh, and you might want to consider just some leather dressing to soften the leather a bit....OR a different leather?
Later!
Indydawg

: Hi,
: I just received my FS Expedition and thought I'd share some comments. First, thanks again to all who helped in this jackets' creation (Dave Marshall, Patterson, Indygear affiliates, etc.). Sorry I cannot post any pics, I don't have any yet and frankly don't know how to do it.

: Honestly I'm mixed about this jacket, which is why I say "preliminary comments." This jacket is going to take the full three months wear they allow before I decide if I'll keep it. I chose the dark brown, chromium tanned goatskin. The hide is lighter than cowhide and denser, I think. Definitely the DURABLE choice I was looking for, but NOT as flexible as that little swatch they gave me. Being used to new finish, Wested lambskin I'm experiencing a kind of "culture shock" being inside this "armor." The fit is strange. They sized me correctly and this jacket technically "fits" but the proportions are bizarre. There are extra allowances given in peculiar places (extra space from the cargo pocket edge to the first pleat edge, for example). I work out often and have a pretty muscular build (5'11" 185lbs, 8-10% bodyfat; not to shabby) so I don't know what to make of the jacket's pre-existing shape. Anybody know if goatskin eventually conforms as lamb does so readily? It could just be hanging weird b/c it is so absolutely THICK & STIFF. While the straps don't slide through the rectangular buckles, it's going to take some work folding the straps back through the rings if I want the excess strap tucked away.
: Besides the obvious benefit of the Raiders details Wested cannot offer, I also like the reinforced cargo pockets, larger handwarmer slits, durable & comfy lining, narrower stormflap, collar shape/height, and the extra sturdy choice of material for inside breast pocket.
: I was surprised at two aspects: 1) the cheesy feeling zipper (I'm not worried it has a life-of-jacket warranty). Yes, it's an authentic silver but lacks the strength and size of the Wested YKK choice; 2) the sent my jacket with these white scuffs, lines, and blemishes all over the arms and shoulders. At first I thought them to be tailor's chalk, but so far, they don't come off.
: Overall I love the look of this jacket. It'll take some time to determine if I like wearing it. Ask me questions if you want, if not I'll just keep you posted.
: Gregg

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]