Somebody should ask Noel Howard I bet he would know.(nm)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Matt Walker from r75h19.res.gatech.edu on March 01, 2001 at 11:03:13:

In Reply to: Or contact the costumer... posted by Indianapolis Jones on March 01, 2001 at 02:41:15:

: It may be even easier to contact the costumer or head of wardrobe to see how many were used.

: : We all form a "union" and contact Harrison together somehow. Surely one of all these Indyfans must know someone who knows someone who can get a letter to him. The only problem is which questions to narrow down and ask, as the one hat or more question is only the tip of the iceberg. We can also ask about Indy IV, jacket stuff, whatever...

: : As for your theory, Austin, I assume you mean only one or two hats for Harrison only(?), because all of the stuntmen had to have hat(s) also, right? It's really a shot in the dark, I think, unless we direcly ask Harrison, Lucas or Spielberg.

: : Just my opinion,

: : cheers,

: : Indy Sean

: : -----

: : : Now, what I'm about to say may shock and frighten some people. Its very mention may cause peoples' worlds to come crashing down around them like a Seattle skyscraper. But it must be dealt with. It MUST be discussed.

: : : After hearing this subject brought up before, and dismissing it myself as crazy talk, I've come to the conclusion that it may indeed have occured. I recently watched the "Making of Raiders" for the first time since '90. In this video we are givin' major clues as to the sequence in which the movie was shot. The video ends with the "wrap" of the film, which came after the "Marion Truck Explosion". Given this information, I now believe that ONE hat MAY have been used for the entire shoot.

: : : Woah, woah, don't start rioting and looting the 7-11 just yet, my stubborn friends. Let me explain my viewpoint. Now, anybody with eyeballs can see that during the movie Indy's hat seems to jump from clean to dirty, back to clean, and all of a sudden dirty again with no explanation or reason....until now.

: : : It's pretty common knowledge that certain scenes were filmed on sound stages in England. Some of these scenes include the Peru Temple, the Well of the Souls, and possibly Marion's bar. Now in all these scenes Indy's hat looks brand-spankin' new. Yet just prior to the Well of the Souls Indy's hat looks like it's been through hell and back at the Cairo bazaar.

: : : Given the fact that the hat came from England, it makes sense that scenes filmed there have Indy wearing a nice, clean-looking hat. While scenes filmed on location see Indy with a dirtier, more worn-looking hat.

: : : Now imagine the movie in the sequence they shot it, with the Cairo bazaar and truck chase towards the end of the shoot. In these two scenes Indy's hat looks IDENTICAL. It's the same dirty color, has the same nasty sweat stains and awkward brim shape. During every scene prior his hat looks almost identical too. It has the perfect crease and crown shape, perfectly bent and molded brim(which is only seen in Raiders), and is nearly spotless.

: : : So, my theory is this, Harrison Ford wore one, MAYBE two hats throughout the filming of Raiders, and no more. I know it may be too radical for some of you to fathom, and may create such mass hysteria the likes of which we've never seen here before, but I had to get my theory out there.

: : : Peace out,
: : : Austin Powers

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: