Re: An important Indy figure question. re: bag

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Bellosh from 144.178.107.85 on March 01, 2001 at 11:12:50:

In Reply to: An important Indy figure question. I need all of your HELP! posted by Shawnkara on February 28, 2001 at 15:21:30:

The 3 3/4" fig had no bag, but the map room playset figure had a bag - why not stick it on your 3/34 fig and base a sculpt on that? It would then be an authentic copy of a Kenner bag. Other than that don't change a thing! If you make it an exact copy of the 33/4" fig that will be pretty unique and interesting - if you alter it it'll come out as a strange hybrid Indy custom. Great idea, and I look forward to seeing it - regards, Bellosh

: I'm going to sculpt a reproduction of Kenner's 3 3/4" Indy as a 12" figure, and I would like everyone's input. I'm torn between accuracy and nostalgia on this one. Should I reporduce the figure exactly, or should I make revisions to the design in the interest of accuracy? Here are my ponderings so far:

: 1)Same head sculpt or something more closely resembling Ford?
: 2)Additional articulation?
: 3)Removable hat, or no? Should the hat have a darker ribbon or the should the whole thing be the same color?
: 4)Should I change the color of the pants?
: 5)The jacket on this figure has the sidestraps as one continuous strap that runs all the way across the rear panel. Change?
: 6)This Indy had no bag. The strap would have to be sculpted as with Disney's. Should I include the bag and strap?
: 7)I REALLY don't want to retain the open faced holster and whip "hook". The "hook", holster and gunbelt are also black, which they should not be.
: 8)Should I make the original black whip with the odd 'cone' handle or a realistic whip?

: As I said I'm torn between nostalgia and accuracy. Should it be a faithful 'anniversary' figure or an accurate figure? I will be casting and selling these eventually, so your comments are greatly needed! Thanks in advance.
: Cheers,
: Shawnkara

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: