Re: Monument Valley

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by jeephoto from dialup-64.157.112.244.Dallas1.Level3.net on March 01, 2001 at 23:00:32:

In Reply to: Monument Valley posted by Austin Powers on March 01, 2001 at 16:47:11:

I have been a couple ot times and I can tell you that it is absolutely incredible. The scenery is so different than anywhere else I have been, it is almost unearthly. Monument Valley is on the Navajo reservation and the tours are led by Navajo guides. I did not take the tour because of time restraints, but just driving through the valley is an awesome sight.
Actually, the opening scenes in Last Crusade were filmed at Arches National Park in Moab, about 100 miles north of Monument Valley. I went there too, and it is a place not to be missed. Hiking along the natural arches is a humbling experience, man seems so insignificant. I think the words and photos do not do it justice, it is someplace that you have to experience in person.
If you make the trip to Utah, don't miss Monument Valley, Canyonlands National Park and Arches National Park in Moab. There is a lot of good info on the 'net about these places. You will feel right at home hiking along in your Indy gear, but spring and fall is best time to visit because it gets very hot in the summer.
If you are interested, I posted a website (my first try at web design) with a few photos and some text about Utah. I don't have anything on Monument Valley, but some on the few places around there. I think I could spend months there and not see it all.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]