Re: Regarding the quest for "the jacket"

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indy Sean from 24-164-153-78.nyc.rr.com on March 01, 2001 at 23:00:47:

In Reply to: Regarding the quest for "the jacket" posted by Fedora on March 01, 2001 at 22:52:30:

Wested will make a cowhide for you if you request it. the leather is a little tougher than the lambskin. Also, I think Peter changed some specs recently, which shows he is flexible. I'm not trying to put down your opinion, but I think Wested makes a fantastic jacket and they need to be defended here.

I am also not saying that FS is bad; I've never owned one so I couldn't give a valid comment on their work, I'm only saying that Wested (in my experience, at least) is a good company with a great jacket.

Respectfully yours,

Indy Sean

-----

: I have haphazardly followed this deal with FS manufacturing a Raiders jacket, and I never ceased to be amazed at the attitudes found here on this forum. I am convinced that there are some of us who would never accept anyone but Wested providing us with it, regardless of the accuracy. Personally I am hoping that in the end, FS will get it right,so I can order one in the goatskin. I do love my Wested dearly, but a tougher jacket, that is more accurate is something worthwhile. I appreciate the effort that certain people have given in providing us with this, and in the end the hobby will be better off because of it. So keep us all posted in the developments. Regards, Fedora

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]