There is one I know of...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indiana Jimmie from 1Cust99.tnt8.beaverton.or.da.uu.net on March 02, 2001 at 01:18:33:

In Reply to: How come there aren't any Indy fan films? posted by Jay on March 01, 2001 at 18:06:23:

Here in Portland, Oregon, there was a guy I was talking to at one of the cable access studios here, who had made a film for his sister, or girlfriend, or someone....and that it would be on the station soon....

My wife and I kept an eye out for it, and while totally (and I mean TOTALLY) cheesy, it was a bit watchable. They all needed acting lessons, the costumes were nowhere near authentic (they should've contacted us :) ), but the story was actually tight, and some of the actual production values, such as they were, weren't bad.

Having worked in film and video, I was rather impressed, and cheesed at the same time.

I have been working on a Star Wars fanfilm for Shadows of the Empire with a friend of mine....we decided that if it is well recieved, we MAY work on an Indy film using the same "technique" that we have for this one. I don't want to give too much away, but I will say that as a test for this film, we shot a "trailer" for QUAKE II : THE MOVIE and it came out brilliantly!!

Anyway, my 2 cents.....

Indiana Jimmie

: I've seen some great fan films for Star Wars, but I have yet to see any for Indiana Jones. I mean, heaven knows you all have the costumes and the props, this forum is enough proof of that. Why not put it too a good use, than polishing it and hanging it on a shelf? If there are fan scripts, why aren't there fan movies? I think it would be a great experience, and bring a new aspect to us IndyFans. If something Indy related doesn't show up soon, I'm scared that the Indy Fandom will be resolved to a bunch of middle aged guys talking nonsense and babbling about jacket measurements.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]