Another late-night thought....

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indiana Jimmie from 1Cust99.tnt8.beaverton.or.da.uu.net on March 02, 2001 at 02:02:51:

In Reply to: Late Night Observation (nim) posted by MK on March 02, 2001 at 01:24:06:

I have wondered this same thing, based on what I read here sometimes...

It may only be my slightly jaded perception of the human spirit...such as it is these days....but I DO seem to detect an air of "make what they want, just so long as they're willing to pay for it" about....

I mean, some of these companies seem to want to bend over backwards to accomodate some of the smallest details for us, while others simply feel that we should take it as they give it.....

Sorry, I suppose I wasn't much help in coming to any sort of conclusion....but I have had the same sorts of thoughts rattling round my brain for a bit...

Later,
Indiana Jimmie

: I have noticed an interesting parallel between Herbert Johnson & Peter Bros and Wested and Flight Suits. Both HJ and Wested made the original gear for Raiders. Now American companies are making gear that is closer to the true items worn by Ford in Raiders then the original British providers. Now, Peter is a very nice man just struggling to run a small business, but HJ has a rep of making snide remarks like, “oh, another American Indiana Jones nut”. Indiana Jones is an American icon. Do the American craftsman have more heart for our maverick hero? Do the Brits have a hard time relating to the trail-brazing spirit of our whip-wielding adventurer? Americans ARE explorers at heart. Do the Brits perceive us as immature and childish running around in our brown leather jackets and fedoras?

: Just a late night thought.

: BTW, I love England and British people. Especially their ales and pub grub :-)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]