Anyone else think FLight Suits' sizing is screwy?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Shawnkara from spider-wd032.proxy.aol.com on March 02, 2001 at 06:45:36:

I've been doing the worksheet and studying the sizing chart for about two hours now and have come to the conclusion that I will never own an Expedition. With the size specs they give for their off-the-rack jackets I'll have to go custom, and there is no way in Hell I can, or would, pay nearly $600.00 for ANY jacket. I'm a big guy, but I'm not a freak. I have a 42" chest and measure 22" shoulder-to-shoulder, for example. Look at the chart at their site. How in the f$*k do they figure a man with a 50" chest would have a 21 1/2" shoulder measurement?!?! Their chart does not even go high enough to accommodate the sleeve length or collar-to-waist length I would need. Like it or not, I guess I have to stick with Wested just to get an affordable jacket. Every bussiness has an angle, and I guess this is Flight Suits'. With the measurement-to-measurement ratios they specify, I can't imagine anyone NOT needing a custom size. I would appreciate any input from my fellow big guys who own an Expedition.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]