Re: Regarding the quest for "the jacket"

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Fedora from 24.116.26.231 on March 02, 2001 at 11:17:41:

In Reply to: Re: Regarding the quest for "the jacket" posted by Hoth on March 02, 2001 at 01:53:08:

: The people that are pro-Wested are only speaking out of defense. It's not a matter of accepting nothing but Wested, it's just a matter of defending a good company that did everyone here a favor in the beginning. People here wanted him to offer authentic jackets so he did, then people took it all for granted and wanted that jacket to an exact replica, etc, etc. In return he gets badmouthed and snide remarks thrown at him.

: Naturally there comes a point when it becomes just an annoyance and I don't blame him for getting pissed off, he should have never made the offering in the first place. Most movie related companies today don't even bother with the fans, they leave that stuff to the replica dealers who have the tolerance to deal with it. I wouldn't doubt if Peter decides to can the idea soon and go back to dealing with just the movie industry, I know I would.

: Hoth

But, as I stated, I love my Wested, and I still think it is one heck of a bargain. I would even highly recommend this jacket to anyone wanting an Indy jacket. But, if accuracy is important to the fan, at least there is another company that is trying to give us what we want. Struggling to do so perhaps, but still making an effort. I had a very pleasant experience with Peter Botright, and the jacket I received a couple of years ago fits perfectly, and overall I have been very pleased with it. I just had to fix the "lazy" pleats. I don't recall anyone "bad mouthing" Wested, perhaps someone did, but I can recall a good bit of constructive criticism. In an ideal environment, this would have had a positive effect on the product that a company was selling. In the real world of egos, it doesn't always work out this way I am afraid. Regards, Fedora

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]