Well...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patterson from 63.104.29.112 on March 02, 2001 at 12:20:35:

In Reply to: Responses are here.... posted by junior on March 01, 2001 at 22:31:17:

: Thanks for your input.
: A gusset is a gusset so I "guss" it is so.
: No, I perfectly understand where you are coming from.
: You stayed true to the design. That's good.

: Humor me. What are they made for and also, if you designed them differently how would they be changed and why?

: PS- Maybe I'm wrong but it sounds like you are slightly doubting if you did the right thing for the design. Don't. I'm sure you did the best that you could do.

: Cheerio

: jr

Your read is correct. We were so exicted at the prospect of having an original jacket to answer the nagging little details. Without it, we would have designed it based on what we thought was best. It would have been a fan jacket in the purest sense in that fans would have built it based on inspiration. We were so excited at the prospect of knowing the "truth" without realizing that it would take over absolutely anything we did after that.

Wanna know a secret? My favorite jacket? US Wings - hands down. I'm hoping the final FS will give it serious competition, and I believe it will. The Expedition will be the truest thing out there to a documented original. But David Hack makes a truely awesome jacket, albiet not accurate in the fine details. I love my roo skin, and have recently picked up his new "old cowhide" Indy. The color is too light, but I absolutely fell in love with it when I took it out of the box. I immediately emailed David telling him he hit one out of the park.

So, there you are. Not sure what to do from here on out, but I'm not doing another project like this for a long time, if at all. But, as my wife pointed out last night, then Lee will call, or Michaelson will drop me an email, and we'll head off on another rollercoaster. I'm a sucker for this stuff.

Cheers!

Patterson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: