Funny...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patterson from 63.104.29.112 on March 02, 2001 at 16:42:05:

In Reply to: I agree posted by Stovepipe on March 02, 2001 at 16:20:36:

: I called Flight Suits earlier this week and asked to try on a sample Expedition size 40R. Yesterday it arrived (but without the samples of hide that I had requested). Although without the latest modifications they assured me that it would be OK for sizing purposes. The lambskin is very nice. Only slightly more substantial than my Wested. But the fit is somewhat small and this is amazing because I am a trim WWII size 40. I have jackets from Wested, Lost Worlds, Eastman and I have never had this problem before. The shoulders are fine, but I do have a chest. So the windflap almost sticks out perpendicularly from the jacket. The flap is smaller than the Wested. The sleeves are shorter than what I would like, but as I have a 32.5 inch sleeve I think this length would be way too short for the average guy. My Wested is marked a "42." Since it is suppose to be a custom job (and it does fit like one)I'm not sure why they put those size labels on and how it translates to American sizes. Anyway, the fit of the Expedition is strange. I know FS's has great service and are very willing to make alterations to jackets before making them without charging the made-to-measure fee, so don't give up too quickly on that aspect. I have dealt with them before and their sizing on other jackets I have tried on is roomy/modern even on their military stuff. So like all things Indy this jacket is full of mystery. I commend them for their efforts, but I am puzzled. Last comment, the side straps are very long but you cannot tuck them into the pockets like Wested, are you suppose to double fold them back? This makes for huge lumps on your sides.

My 48 had a lot of room in the chest, I MEAN A LOT! Not that I minded, but I could have given back 4 inches in the chest if it meant taking 4 off the waist - it was way too big around the waist. My chest is exactly 48, and I could have gone swimming in that jacket. There have been a couple screwy sizing thisng that have come up, but I understand making a plain cuffed jacket is pretty hard, really. With an A2, there is just so much you can cover with the knit cuffs and waist. Well, I'm expecting a box next week and will give a full report.

Cheers!

Patterson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: