Gussetman cometh

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Stovepipe from user-2iniu9v.dialup.mindspring.com on March 03, 2001 at 00:23:31:

In Reply to: Good pic of Indy's action pleat....... posted by Dakota Ellison on March 02, 2001 at 20:55:28:

I didn't start off being Gussetman. It happened one day when I noticed Willis & Geiger going out of business. I ordered a bunch of stuff and mon dieu, almost all of it had gussets: Shirts, jackets, T-shirts all great stuff and way discounted. Suddenly I knew what it meant to be truly gusseted. To the uninitiated let me explain. Gussets are big! If looked at from an aerial view of a few feet, it's like looking down at quarter slices of grapefruit. Not little wincie tangerine segments! So when people say their gussets are working and they have little crappy openings under their jacket arms that look like the mouth of a porcupine fish, they are sadly deluded. These are not gussets and they are not "functioning." Probably the easiest reference for gussets is to look at a Navy G-1 jacket. These are the gussets that won the war. They cover the entire underarm area, yet are not visible when the arm is down. Functional, practical, the very essence of Indy. This is the gusset gospel.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]