Addendum...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Zippy from sa-165-227-130-247.cruzio.com on March 03, 2001 at 10:59:02:

In Reply to: True... posted by Zippy on March 03, 2001 at 09:26:14:

I also like how well the US Wings Indy jackets seem to hold up under real-life situations. Although the closest I've come to Indy-style adventures is popping "Raiders" into the VCR and watching it, others have esperienced the "real thing."

I especially enjoyed New Jersey Jones' post several days ago, where he recounts an amazing incident in which he had to jump off a runaway horse, was dragged, and rolled -- and his US Wings Goatskin Indy jacket, aside from being a bit dirty, came out of it undamaged. This is what I'm talking about! That is probably more "adventure" than most of us Indy jacket-wearers will ever experience ourselves. You can debate all you want about details like how deep the pleats should be, how far down from the top the pleats should begin, or how high the side straps should be, but these are essentially cosmetic details, and won't help you if you have to jump off a horse (or in any other hair-raising real-life "incident"). I have also heard from some US Wings kangaroo jacket owners who have worn their jackets on extended expeditions, and the jackets came through with flying colors.

Are there any Wested owners out there who have had real-life "adventures" where the toughness and durability of the jacket was tested? I know Wested is the original maker of the Raider jacket, but how practical are they? Let's hear your stories.

Regards,
Zippy

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: