Easier for me to laugh about it now too! (nm)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by California Smith from c1441915-a.smateo1.sfba.home.com on March 03, 2001 at 13:14:50:

In Reply to: LOL...not laughing at your crash, but that is a good story!!! posted by Indydawg on March 03, 2001 at 12:20:48:

: : \

: So...there are some tried and tested Westeds out there;-)

: Good deal!
: Indydawg

:
: : :Are there any Wested owners out there who have had real-life "adventures" where the toughness and durability of the jacket was tested? I know Wested is the original maker of the Raider jacket, but how practical are they? Let's hear your stories.

: : I can only tell you my experience with my trusty lambskin wested.

: : I commute to work on my mountain bike. One day, I was going through an area of new construction wearing my Wested and some jeans. In my "wisdom", I decided to take a short cut through the construction zone. It was on a Saturday, and no work was being done. As I was going through the dirt,having a good old time going over ruts and such, I hit a pothole that I did not see. That would have been okay, except there was a second pothole right after the first one. I got pitched forward and flew threw the air for a few feet. I hit face first, spun over on my shoulder, and finished on my back. I probably slid about 10 feet.

: : As it so happens, I was wearing my lambskin Wested. Now remember, this was a construction site, I slid through dirt and rock. My jeans were torn, and my hands had some road rash. I thought to myself, "Oh no, my Wested!" But after I brushed off the dirt, I discovered that it held up quite well, thank you. I just got a little more distressing across the shoulder and down one sleeve than I had before. No rips at all. Nothing but scuffs. Later, I took fine sandpaper and made the rest of the jacket match.

: : So I laugh when I hear people say the lambskin can't hack it. Remember, the bottom line is it is LEATHER! . I live in Norhthern California also, and this is the only leather jacket I can wear nearly all year long. And hey, they used lambskin for a reason for Indy - it drapes and looks good! Also,it moves with you, it conforms to your body.

: : Now I have had issues with the fit and pleats of the Wested, but that is a subject for another day.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]