US Wings, James Dean & The Price of Indy Jackets

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MK from 1Cust12.tnt1.sherman-oaks.ca.da.uu.net on March 04, 2001 at 10:28:39:

We Indy fans love our leather jackets. Indeed they are very cool. (Do you think there is a board talkin about James Dean jackets?) There has been a lot of talk about US Wings jackets lately. I have followed the story on Hack and his company for a long time now. I first read about him in a book on successful websites titled “Striking it Rich.com”. There is a chapter on US Wings. I was impressed with his company and his commitment to quality. I have never owned a Wings jacket. The bad flash photos of his jackets make them look like light colored vinyl. Also they are the TOD cut. I hate that movie, but that’s another story. I am a Raiders man and like Raider jackets. Having seen Patterson’s roo-skin, it is obvious that Wings makes a top-notch product. Also the leather options they offer (roo, old cow, etc), provide unique jackets.

Last night "The Tuskegee Airmen” was on TNT. Hack made the jackets for the film, (which looked great). That inspired me to visit the US Wings website. I have held the roo-skin in high regard ever since seeing Patterson’s. Would love to have one, but I can only blow so much cash for $500 jackets. I wish I had a closet full like the “Jacket King”, but it’s not going to happen anytime soon. Any way, while perusing the webpages of the Wings, I discovered something I had not noticed before. Hack charges more for Indy jackets then A-2s! In some cases a lot more. For example:

Goat

A-2 $229

Indy $295

Old Cow

A-2 $299

Indy $339

Kangaroo

A-2 $395

Indy $475!!

Now, I know Indy jackets don’t have the fabric on the cuffs and the bottom of the jacket as the A-2s do, but $90 more!?!?

I know the Sergeant has a special place in his heart for the A-2 and he can charge what ever he wants for his products. But I for one would like to know if this is truly costs that much more to make an Indiana Jones jacket. Am I wrong?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]