Re: I think I missed your point

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Anejo Joe from 229.greenville-06-07rs.sc.dial-access.att.net on March 04, 2001 at 11:28:38:

In Reply to: I think I missed your point posted by MK on March 04, 2001 at 11:11:08:

Sgt. Hack has a fondness for the A-2. It was (and may still be) the backbone of his business. So he makes a "price leader jacket" at an exceptionally good price. His A-2 jackets which are not as authentic, sell for more. This sounds backwards, but that is what he does. The non-authentic jackets are priced comparably with the Indy jackets. Both are at a fair price when compared to the competition. But when it comes to the "replica" jackets, his prices are up there with the highest on the market. His standard A-2 is just a very good deal! I just ordered the Indy "Old Cow" and I think that I am getting more for my money than than I would if I had bought one of his cheaper A-2 jackets. I guess that's because everyone sells an A-2, but the "Old Cow" is truly unique, at least in my opinion.

As for the A-2, I have a good Willis & Geiger that cost about $400. But it is not exactly accurate in every detail. Some day I want that very accurate A-2 jacket. When I buy one, it will be from Eastman Leather. Meanwhile, I want a LC jacket from Wested next.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]