Also

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from leospace047.utsi.edu on March 04, 2001 at 12:46:50:

In Reply to: Re: I think I missed your point posted by Anejo Joe on March 04, 2001 at 11:28:38:

: Sgt. Hack has a fondness for the A-2. It was (and may still be) the backbone of his business. So he makes a "price leader jacket" at an exceptionally good price. His A-2 jackets which are not as authentic, sell for more. This sounds backwards, but that is what he does. The non-authentic jackets are priced comparably with the Indy jackets. Both are at a fair price when compared to the competition. But when it comes to the "replica" jackets, his prices are up there with the highest on the market. His standard A-2 is just a very good deal! I just ordered the Indy "Old Cow" and I think that I am getting more for my money than than I would if I had bought one of his cheaper A-2 jackets. I guess that's because everyone sells an A-2, but the "Old Cow" is truly unique, at least in my opinion.

: As for the A-2, I have a good Willis & Geiger that cost about $400. But it is not exactly accurate in every detail. Some day I want that very accurate A-2 jacket. When I buy one, it will be from Eastman Leather. Meanwhile, I want a LC jacket from Wested next.

It may be that he doesn't produce NEAR the numbers, as witnessed in the recent and sudden pulling of the VIP due to low stock availability, so the price would indeed be higher. I also have to agree with the "extra" leather thought, as there is knit material on the back side of the A-2, and it extra leather on the Indy, as well as the cuffs (the least expensive item on an A-2 to replace) so with those factors, I can see the differences in price. He has just so many made and placed in inventory. Just my opinion. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]