Do you wear felt hats year round?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Curious from 1Cust232.tnt1.brunswick.ga.da.uu.net on March 04, 2001 at 15:41:27:

In Reply to: Re: POLL: Who is the Hat King? posted by Fedora on March 04, 2001 at 14:03:21:

I saw where you posted that you live in the south (me, too) and that you wear a fedora every day. Are you comfortable in a felt hat year round? Or do you go for the straw hat in the summer? Just Curious, though I need to change that name because I'm not the guy who hated Flight Suits. I want one!

Thanks, Curious

: : I knew you would have an impressive list Fedora. that will be tough to beat. Question: What is it about the Campdraft that finds a place in your collection. Why keep that one over the others?

:
: I think that the Akubra Campdraft will always have a spot in my collection because it is a very high quality product, and was designed to be an out of doors hat from the get go. The felt in my opinion is a better felt than even the PB. There, I finally said it. The sheepskin sweatband has yet to lose the gold crest and lettering, and this is a rarity, as I wear this hat every work day. To date, every hat that I have owned, seems to have this gold wear off over time, due to the fact that I live in the south, and the old noggin tends to sweat, even in cool weather. Apparently, there's a bit more gold on them thar Akubras! I also like the way this hat looks when styled like a fedora. It is tall enough 5 1/2 inches for a size 7 1/4, and has a wide brim that can be cut dimensionally, or left at 2 7/8, and is a medium brown. A little darker than the movie hats, but I like a little variety in the color, as long as it is brown. At 51.00 American, it is surely a tremendous bargain. This hat has been completely soaked many times this winter, and it gets better looking, although it has become softer, and less stiff. I can't get a good Raiders fedora out of it, but if you like the hat from the bridge scene in TOD, you would love this hat. Regards, Fedora

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]