Re: Jacket Problem!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Zippy from sa-165-227-138-86.cruzio.com on March 04, 2001 at 20:17:58:

In Reply to: Jacket Problem! posted by Georgiana Jones on March 04, 2001 at 12:50:23:

: This is not an Indy jacket, it is a sort of James Deanish Claiborne Lambskin Leather Jacket... Very nice ($480.00 sticker price, got it on sale for 300) Well the other day I got a little mud on it and it was no big deal, put it on the table, wet a cloth and gently rubbed the spot. I pulled the cloth away and it was black! I was like oh shit! is this normal or what, it freaked me out. anything I should do about it? respond please.

: Georgiana

No offense, but it sounds like a cheap jacket (or at least a cheap dye job) if the pigment came off on the cloth you were rubbing it with. BTW, don't always equate price with quality. I have seen many overpriced leather jackets in department stores. Many cost $400 - $600, are made in India or Pakistan or some place like that, but were of vastly inferior quality to jackets you can get from Wested or FS or US Wings for less money. If the color is coming off the jacket, maybe you should seal it -- don't wear this jacket in the rain.

Regards,
Zippy

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: