Re: A bit of elaboration...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Shawnkara from spider-tk053.proxy.aol.com on March 04, 2001 at 21:45:45:

In Reply to: A bit of elaboration... posted by Patterson on March 04, 2001 at 20:51:16:

: In examining the footage, both d-rings and rectangular slides can be seen, though the rectangular slides seemed to be prevalent. On the original which the fs was based, the rectangular slides were used, and they were painted black. The zipper was aluminum, but still had traces of brass paint. Seems Hollywood attempt at form over substance did not fool the fans?

: Cheers!

: Patterson

You say the original you examined had had the zipper painted brass at one time? In the movie, it always looks silver to me. Also, on another note, I had a look at the pics of Lee's pre-Wested 'Raiders' over at Indygear. Why is it that something that Peter could do exactly right just ten years ago can't seem to be done now?

:
: :
: : They were a rectangular style, matte black or annodized. Remember, it was a fictional version of a military issue flight jacket. Thinking "military issue", 'non-reflective' would be the key. I know this is contradicted by the shiny silver zipper. but we're dealing with Hollywood here.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]