Good Point ! (nm)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MK from 1Cust182.tnt4.sherman-oaks.ca.da.uu.net on March 04, 2001 at 21:56:41:

In Reply to: Re: US Wings, James Dean & The Price of Indy Jackets posted by DeWayne on March 04, 2001 at 19:04:28:

: FS's price for the Indy jacket isn't in line with the other jackets they offer either. I remember checking out the FS site to see their prices for A-2's etc. I figured when the new jacket finally came out that it would be in the same price range, well, that's not the case there either. Seems to be a trend, like they're worried they won't sell enough, so they charge more.
: See ya! DeWayne
:

: : We Indy fans love our leather jackets. Indeed they are very cool. (Do you think there is a board talkin about James Dean jackets?) There has been a lot of talk about US Wings jackets lately. I have followed the story on Hack and his company for a long time now. I first read about him in a book on successful websites titled “Striking it Rich.com”. There is a chapter on US Wings. I was impressed with his company and his commitment to quality. I have never owned a Wings jacket. The bad flash photos of his jackets make them look like light colored vinyl. Also they are the TOD cut. I hate that movie, but that’s another story. I am a Raiders man and like Raider jackets. Having seen Patterson’s roo-skin, it is obvious that Wings makes a top-notch product. Also the leather options they offer (roo, old cow, etc), provide unique jackets.
: :

: : Last night "The Tuskegee Airmen” was on TNT. Hack made the jackets for the film, (which looked great). That inspired me to visit the US Wings website. I have held the roo-skin in high regard ever since seeing Patterson’s. Would love to have one, but I can only blow so much cash for $500 jackets. I wish I had a closet full like the “Jacket King”, but it’s not going to happen anytime soon. Any way, while perusing the webpages of the Wings, I discovered something I had not noticed before. Hack charges more for Indy jackets then A-2s! In some cases a lot more. For example:

: : Goat
: : A-2 $229
: : Indy $295

: : Old Cow
: : A-2 $299
: : Indy $339

: : Kangaroo
: : A-2 $395
: : Indy $475!!

: : Now, I know Indy jackets don’t have the fabric on the cuffs and the bottom of the jacket as the A-2s do, but $90 more!?!?

: : I know the Sergeant has a special place in his heart for the A-2 and he can charge what ever he wants for his products. But I for one would like to know if this is truly costs that much more to make an Indiana Jones jacket. Am I wrong?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]