Re: Wow, thanks...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Sam Cox from cheetah.bluep.com on March 05, 2001 at 03:06:00:

In Reply to: Wow, thanks... posted by Fedora on March 04, 2001 at 18:13:19:

: : I own some Real Mc Coys jackets,i own there ROUGHWEAR A-2 and B-3,both jackets are faultless and exact reproductions of 42 period flying jackets,i also own a WW2 ROUGHWEAR A-2 so i acn safely say that Real McCoys totally rock.The strength of the US dollar make it a great and inexpensive time to buy.Eastman jackets look like fashion jackeyts from late 1989 when put alongside a Mc Coys jacket.A minor side note,Real Mc Coys and Toy Mc Coys are both Japanese owned companies ,they both use ULTIMATE SEEKER as part of there sales tag.

When it comes to detail our eastern brothers at Real McCoys are the men for the job,right down to the correct width knit on cuffs ,correct snaps and 100% WW2 Talon Zippers.I would point you away from goat and towards the horse hide.My horse A-2 is 3 years old and is virtually indestructible.Mc Coys make there stuff in New Zealand and they make it damned well,email them asking for there sales catalogue,it includes samples of the leathers and various other materials they use.The US dollar is giving the NZ dollar an absolute creaming at the moment so it should be reasonably cheap.
Best of luck.
Sam Cox
alden405@hotmail.cvom

: Forgive me for being off topic. I have been thinking about getting one of these a-2s in the goatskin. It seems so odd, a Japanese company making American WW2 flight jackets. I have heard that these are excellent repros, and top quality. Regards, Fedora

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]