Pretty much...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patterson from 63.104.29.112 on March 06, 2001 at 11:14:13:

In Reply to: So you are saying.... posted by Fedora on March 05, 2001 at 22:35:25:

I can understand the tentative acceptance - I had the same reaction last summer when I first sat down with Lee. Initially, he showed me the ad copy from Peter. I stewed over it for a bit, then would call and ask questions. As the light came on, I asked more and more questions. Later, Lee sent me a prototype which FS made in the mid-80's for examination. After kicking this around, and all the while feeling that there was more to the story which neither Lee nor the folks at FS wanted to come right out and say, I finally just said "Look, tell me if I'm way off base..." and I laid out what I had been suspecting. Other than a few minor corrections, they said I had it.

I could speculate on why they could not reproduce the original. The number of jacket which must have gone through that factory over the years? How would they be expected to just "remember" 48 of them from 1980? They have expressed that the jacket is based on one of their designs, but I have also heard that the person given credit for the costume design may have had more of a say in all this than has been given credit by either Peter or Noel Howard - that has yet to be confirmed, but it is a significant factor.

The man clearly acknowledged the existance of a "Keppler prototype". Believe what you want, but I'll keep digging regardless.

Cheers!

Patterson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: