I've always understood...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patterson from 63.104.29.112 on March 06, 2001 at 11:18:55:

In Reply to: Just a few words.... posted by Shawnkara on March 06, 2001 at 08:14:04:

:
: From what I understand Peter had fallen out of favor with Lucas Films prior to 'Temple', something about a contract breach or something, and the jackets were produced by a French outfit. Subsequently, Peter probably didn't foresee working on another Indy film and saw no point in keeping the patterns. I do a lot of contract custom work, not counting all the stuff I've done for my own collection, and there is no way in Hell I could have retained all of the patterns/designs for everything I've ever done. If someone wanted me to EXACTLY copy something I did twenty years ago, they'd probably get my best 'guess' from whatever photos I could salvage. I admit I'm still puzzled by Lee's Leather Concessionaires jacket vs. the current Wested, the current jacket being LESS authentic. But, that's another story....

...that there were some modifications made to the jacket based on fan feedback, i.e. they put the attachment for the rings under the seam because it was supposedly stronger and less likely to come off. Regardless, for some reason the pattern has evolved over the years in the details. The Leather Concessionaires jacket is better than the most current version I've seen, regardless.

Cheers!

Patterson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: