I carry the cloverleaf Zippo in my trouser pocket.....

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dakota Ellison from alcfpxy1.att.com on March 06, 2001 at 14:34:28:

In Reply to: Off-The-Wall Jacket Poll.... posted by Austin Powers on March 06, 2001 at 13:58:20:

: Here's a crazy question....

: How many of you carry some sort of lighter in the left cargo pocket of your Indy jacket? Regardless of the brand of the coat, be it Wested, USWings, FlightSuits or what, and regardless of if you smoke or not, how many still carry a lighter in that pocket? It doesn't even have to be a replica of the clover-leaf lighter. Ever since I got my Wested I've carried a generic lighter there....anyone else?

: Austin Powers

I already had it some months ago when Fallguy posted his excellant instructions for making your own. The decal had started to flake off so I touched it up with some paint then poured the resin coating over it. No more worries about flaking cloverleafs. Thanks, Fallguy.
Now the resin has started to yellow and it looks like it could really be an old lighter. I do have an A-2 jacket with a 57th Fighter Group patch and a pack of 57th FG matches in the left cargo Pocket.(It's also a restraunt in Atlanta that look like a WWII Air Corps officer's club). I quit smoking 10 years ago.
Cheers,
Dakota

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: