I'm a bit concerned about MK's jacket...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patterson from 63.104.29.112 on March 06, 2001 at 15:23:50:

In Reply to: Well, I'll post this anyway...... posted by Dakota Ellison on March 06, 2001 at 14:10:53:

: : : He posted it earlier.

:
: It just looks like there's more material on the FS jacket where the vent is. The pocket looks more square on the Fs jacket. Also, on the Lee Keppler jacket it looks like the top two inches of the pleat are sewn down. Is that correct? Certainly one way to solve the open pleat problem. Oh well, I think I'll go dye some more Petersham ribbon.
: Cheers,
: Dakota

The panel you refer to should be 4.5 inches wide at the hem. Use the strap in the Ford pic as a reference, and that looks correct to my measurement. MK's looks like at least 5.5 inches.

On the pockets, I believe you can see those with a more square look in the opening scenes - I don't have the pics here at work, though I believe I have them at home. Seems inconsistancy is the rule.

Yep - they did sew the top of the bi-swing down on that Leather Concessionaires jacket. I got a kick out of it too!

Well, I need to leave FS to their own means. The widening of the panel is going to happen with larger sizes, and I'm pretty sure MK is not a 40. There is only so much that can be done when you need to take a pattern from a 40 to a 48. Again, I'll leave it to FS.

Cheers!

Patterson

PS - Man, we would have killed for that pic last summer!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]