Re: The Jacket decision...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Shawnkara from spider-tq073.proxy.aol.com on March 07, 2001 at 00:10:57:

In Reply to: The Jacket decision... posted by Thefumegator on March 06, 2001 at 22:58:15:

: I have really wanted one of these jackets for a long time. I have almost decided upon it, but I am a little wary. First off, if I am going to get one, I am going to get a Wested (Raiders of the Lost Ark, new lambskin, satin lining), because IMO, they look the best, and they cost the least.
: But, I am a little wary about the whole overseas thing.
: Is it worth it?
: Also, can anyone describe, or post a picture of, the color of the jacket?

: Thanks!
: Wes

I wish I could post a pic, but the true color of a thing will never transfer well on the web. It's a VERY dark brown, nearly black from about ten feet or so. It's has a high sheen, in fact at a glance it doesn't even look like real leather. Don't expect it to look like Indy's right out of the box. You'll be surprised at how the jacket looks new when we're so accustomed to seeing it dirty and distressed. Should you choose to "authenticate" it we have a dozen or so methods of artificial distressing techniques between all of us here. MK's is the most radical:)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]