Re: Leather Strap and bag

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by D.Borton from pm269-27.dialip.mich.net on September 24, 1998 at 20:34:51:

In Reply to: Leather Strap and bag posted by Azuma on September 24, 1998 at 08:02:32:

: Dear Fans:

: Last time I wrote about the dye which comes off from the leather strap for shoulder bag and I tried to wash it off to fix the problem, but now that strap is totally destroyed! So I would like to order another one for my bag, but I don't know if Borden's strap problem had fixed after we discussed it on the net or not. Can any one tell me about it? By the way I think Borden's strap is a little bit wider then 3/4 inch, it comes almost a inch wide...

: Best regards.

: Azuma

: PS. Recently I got another 3 of MK VII bags from US, but the color seems more dark green then the one I got from England, What is the difference between?

Azuma, I don’t know if I can really help you here. They did say they were going to try to fix the problem, That was the last time I talked with them. I cannot be certain if the did or not. You best bet would be to contact them directly (preferably) between the hours of 9:00 AM and 12:00 PM EST. Ask for Mark, as he could better address your concerns than could I. If not, try checking into local strap sources or as Gary mentioned try Tandy.

Regarding the width, the strap is 1” inch in Raiders and The Temple of Doom, then a narrower 3/4” inch strap is used in the Last Crusade. Now as for the color of the bags. The ones I have they are each a slightly different shade of olive green, although they are basically the same bag. It also looks to me though, that in the movies the bags will also sometimes change color slightly from scene to scene.

Dan

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]