In DeWayne's Defense....

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Austin Powers from dialupU86.mpls.uswest.net on March 07, 2001 at 13:32:43:

In Reply to: Confusing the Issue with Facts? posted by MK on March 07, 2001 at 08:52:24:

Now was THAT really necessary, MK? Seems we got us another Armchair Psychologist over here. WHAT would make you think DeWayne's "jealous"? He's just finally fed-up.

I mean I for one remember EXACTLY how DeWayne posted his findings regarding the seams lining up. And I remember how everyone shot him down quicker than a mallard with a shotgun. He told about how he slow-mo'ed the spider scene in "Raiders", and how it was clearly obvious that the seams didn't line up. People automatically debunked his theories. For the hell of it, I popped the tape in back then to watch that particular scene, and he was DEAD-ON. The seams didn't line up at all, and NEVER did throughout the whole movie. Yet people were so set in their ways that they refused to look at the evidence.

I met the same kind of response about a year ago when I posted a picture from the bar fight scene. My picture CLEARLY showed that the side straps were attached to the BACK of the jacket, not underneath like a Wested. Yet people STILL wouldn't hear of this. They told me that it was "lighting", or "blurred movement", or "a repaired jacket". I figured to hell with it. I wasn't gonna try and FORCE people to see what was OBVIOUS. Now it seems everyone just takes it for granted that the straps go outside the back panel. I don't know what godly being they finally believed, but they sure as hell weren't takin' my word for it.

I think too, that a little of DeWayne's "distrust" comes from this "Lee Kepler designing Westeds" goes. I mean for years we've been spoon-fed the "story" that the jackets are EXACT replicas, and that they're made from the same patterns used on Raiders. Now all of a sudden it comes out that this is a load of bull. Apparently Wested's current jackets are nothing more than reproductions of a Lee Kepler design. I for one think this is TOTALLY horseshit. Here is order what I think is an authentic jacket, wait a month and a helf to get it, and after 2 years I find out it's just a fan-designed coat. Hell, I noticed errors in my Wested, but I overlooked them because I thought it was "authentic". But now I realize that I could've designed a better replica myself. And I wouldn't have got the lining wrong.

So MK, I think your "ignorance is bliss" comment was way out of line. I mean the guy clearly stated he wasn't trying to offend anyone, he wasn't trying to start stuff, he was just stating HIS opinion. But I guess he must be used to it, every time he does someone's there to shoot his comments down.

Austin Powers

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]