Shove it, pal (nm)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patterson from 63.104.29.112 on March 07, 2001 at 13:38:58:

In Reply to: Get over your sensativities regarding high school, Patterson! posted by Sallah on March 07, 2001 at 12:55:33:

: : : ...in the pic that Dakota provided with an inset of MK, something caught my eye on Harrison's jacket. At the bottom, where the vent is, it looks as if there is an open triangular shape where the front side panel is not running up close to the back panel. Is this because his arm is higher than MK's or is that section of leather shorter on Harry's jacket?

: : : Adios

: : The side panel on MK's has two things going on. First, MK tells me he wears a 46 off the rack. Harry's jacket is a 40. When you make a larger jacket, you have to make panels wider, taller, etc. On a waist length coat, you are constricted to coming a certain amount below the belt, but you still have to make a 46 fit a 46. Proportionally, the side panel and other panels need to be wider, or the jacket does not fit. If you hold the side panel to a certain width without any scaling for size, the jacket looks like shit when you put it on. These are the wranglings we got into with the pattern people at FS.

: : One other difference, you may note, is that MK has his cinched all the way up, while Harry's still has a long way to go.

: : Most of it is sizing, though. As their head pattern person told me (with raised voice, leaning over the table), "When we make larger sizes, thhings have to be scaled up and we have to decided what will be held constant while still making a jacket that can be worn." She was right.

: : Of course, I'm sure she was the kind of person Sallah beat up in high school, right?

: : Cheers!

: : Patterson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: