Question about veg & chrome, Patterson/MK.....

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Gregg from 46-050-rad.cspp.edu on March 07, 2001 at 18:57:47:

In Reply to: Tough question when looking at video... posted by Patterson on March 07, 2001 at 12:23:15:

Patterson,
Hi. During your kind intervention w/FS, I think you found that I was sent a seal-brown, veg-tanned goat. Was this the one you saw? If so, I have to disagree about the color. It was far too light. I am surprised to hear that you found the texture similar, as well. It seemed "porous" (if I can USE that word to describe the grain).
If you were merely referring to veg LAMBSKIN, sorry for my confusion. Having said that could you clarify how I can tell the difference between veg & chrome tanned goatskin? How should they look, feel, drape, etc. I imagine there are important characteristic differences---but I don't know them. Any help, as always, is appreciated. MK, your opinion is of course equally appreciated and respected. Thanks
Gregg

: 1.) The best match I've seen with respect to color and texture is the veg tanned seal brown FS goatskin. It is heavier than the lambskin used, but the color and texture were dead-on.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]