Re: And the price was?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Max from 195.182.115.2 on September 25, 1998 at 10:46:13:

In Reply to: Re: And the price was? posted by Major Paul on September 25, 1998 at 01:06:54:

: : Ditto everything Shannon said. Do be sure to request specifically, however, that you would like the authentic 39mm Dark Brown Petersham ribbon-not the 30mm ribbon which will make it correct to the films. I was told that it would come with this ribbon and it didn't-somebody else prepared the order I think and wasn't aware that I wanted the Poet hat to be in the authentic Indy style. Just tell Mr. Swales that you want the authentic Indy hat and he'll set you up-you can even get initials stamped into the hat band inside which is a nice touch. Be sure to also ask them for a set of sizing pads which are nice things to have in case you're like me and occasionally shave your head-these felt pads slip behind the hat band inside and allow you to wear the hat even after a particularly short haircut. Both the initials and the sizing pads are free of charge. As far as quality, you will think you've never seen anything more beautiful in your life when it arrives (maybe that's just me!). Herbert Johnson hatters ships their hats in what is almost certainly a near-bullet-proof shipping carton, carboard the likes of which I have never seen before-takes a good careful fifteen minutes to pry every heavy duty staple out of the edge of the carton. In short, I have two I liked the first one that much-and having a second one has allowed me to get the first one dirty and not be so careful about it and I have to tell you that it REALLY is the same make and model hat used in the films. And when you buy one of these hats you feel like you are entering a family of sorts-if ever in London and you want your hat cleaned complimentarily, you may do so, and when I told them that they sent me the wrong ribbon on my hat, they simply mailed me off some free of charge. Very pleasant people to do business with!

: : Greg

: : When you order this hat (Poet), what is the cost HJ is asking these days? -MP

As far as I know it's still the 165 British pounds. They seem to be
the only company that didn't raise prices for Indy stuff.

Regards,
-Max

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: