Just be sure to...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indydawg from pool-63.52.19.135.atln.grid.net on March 07, 2001 at 20:55:28:

In Reply to: Fall Guy... posted by Indiana Jimmie on March 07, 2001 at 20:49:37:

let the resin cure without baking it, if you can. It turned mine all lumpy and I spent HOURS trying to sand it down smooth. I also baked the last layer of resin and it bubbled the paint underneath. So...my project did not turn out too well. I think I am going to just do what someone else (was it you?) did and just buy the lighter from Zippo and put the last layer of resin over the silkscreen job, let it cure by itself, and be done with it! Same principal, MUCH less work!

Just my thoughts on it. And no I am NOT taking pics of my crappy lighter project!!!!;-)
Later ya'll!
Indydawg
: I have finally gathered all the materials needed to construct the lighter, going by your instructions.....but I suck at this sort of thing, so we'll see...

: I believe in an earlier post you wanted pics for your site...if it comes out ok, I'll post ya some of mine....

: May be a few days, though, as I am working the old 4 day/12 hour shift the rest of this week...

: See ya!

: Indiana Jimmie

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: