If I may...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by BrianK from kab4.xyplex.com on March 07, 2001 at 21:03:46:

In Reply to: DeWayne / Austin... posted by Patterson on March 07, 2001 at 18:52:38:

: Just read a string of posts I had not noticed before. DeWayne and Austin have some pretty strong opinions about the work others have done. They are entitled to their opinions. DeWayne and I have had differing opinions before, and I believe I’ve conceded when I’ve found I was mistaken. Sorry, but “horseshit”, “BS”, and “Liar”? Well, that does not sit very well with me. I’ve taken the liberty of spending money out of my pocket to research this stuff as a hobby, and this is the kind of crap I get? When you spend what I have, then we can talk.

: Somebody out there is, in fact, a liar, and you haven’t got either the balls or the imagination to say who that is. Buy whatever jacket you want, I really do not care. DeWayne and/or Austin – feel free to email me if you would like to discuss. If you just want to throw shit around, though, then keep it to yourself.

: Patterson

I think EVERYONE just needs to step away from the keyboard and cool off a bit. Fact of the matter is we know the great majority of what we do know thanks to the efforts of Patterson. I don't have the patience to flip through frame by frame of Raiders to see which way the side straps are configured, much less fly out of my way to spend a couple days haggling with Flightsuits over a 1/4" here or there of material. Now if people want to point fingers and say "I told ya so!" that's fine, but just remember that for every detail, the film can do some pretty tricky things to your eyes. I find this entire backstory of Wested, Flightsuits, and Lee Keepler quite fascinating. I don't know what to believe, except 2 things: no 2 jacket manufacturers completely agree on what the "best" Raiders jacket is, and Patterson has a hell of a lot of dedication to try to get produced what he feels is the best representation of the Raiders jacket. Let's just keep things simple, and civil, and remember that we're all working toward that same goal...(and that some put a lot more effort into it than others)

Respects to all,
BK

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: