You might want to....

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indydawg from 168.9.41.100 on March 08, 2001 at 12:02:44:

In Reply to: My (ongoing) quest for a Wested posted by Indy Fan on March 08, 2001 at 10:58:11:

Go to www.parcelforce.com and try to track it there. I had the same thing happen to me. He mailed my Wested out last Thursday, too 3/1/2001. What happened was that he tried to send me my jacket on a special 24 hour service, as I wanted my jacket by Saturday cause it was my birthday. Well....Parcelforce sent my jacket back to him because to try to send anything other than his standard 3/5 day service was a violation of his contract and therfore the order was invalid. He resent my jacket yesterday, so now I am looking at probably the first of next week. I don't know, but yours may have gotten caught up in all that mess and it might not have shipped yet. Like I said, you might want to check at Parcelforce's website and see if they have any record of it. You can email them a request for info about it, give them the tracking number, and they will do it for you! Hope this helps a little! Later! Indydawg

: hi all--
: I thought I'd share my story to get a Wested Jacket to this forum. I figure if anyone could really appreciate this, it would be the people here. I've always liked the Jacket Indy had, in fact I associate the Jacket with Indy more so than any other piece of equipment he had, with the exception of the Hat. The last half of the Temple of Doom just didn't feel right without Indy wearing his jacket. I've always toyed around with the idea of getting a jacket similar to his, but until I visted indygear.com, never did I imagine I could get an almost exact copy from the same man who claimed to have made the original and at a pretty decent price. I looked at the US Wings site, but found the price to be a bit much and from what I knew at the time, it sounded Wested was the way to go.
: I ordered my jacket on 11-29-2000 via the wested.com's site. It was a size 42 Temple of Doom style (I favored the longer length)new lambskin with a cotten lining. The jacket finally arrived in Chicago on 01-17-2001. Unfourtunately the jacket felt too snug and the sleeves were a bit long. I sent the jacket back for a larger size on 01-20-2001 and it took about a week and a half to get there. Peter Botwright replied on 02-04-2001 to an email I had sent asking if the jacket had been returned to him and if there were any problems with my larger size request. He replied he did received the jacket and a replacement was in the works. He was quite backlogged at the moment because of Christmas and New Year closure and film assignments. He asked me to wait 2 to 3 weeks for the replacement.
: I wrote him on 03-01-2001 to ask for a status check of my jacket. He replied to me the next day saying the jacket shipped yesterday and provided a tracking number. Excited, I checked the usps.com website and in the delivery status I received this message:

: There is no record of that mail item. If it was mailed recently, it may not yet be tracked. Please try again later.

: Initally I thought it was too soon for my package to be tracked. I checked on the weekend and on a daily basis since then, and the message is the same. I wrote to Peter asking to confirm the tracking number and he wrote back saying, indeed it was correct. It's been a week since my package "shipped" and I still haven't been able to track the package. I wrote back to Peter this morning asking to double check the tracking number and and to go to usps.com site to do a search for himself. I'm giving Peter the benefit of the doubt and assuming the jacket is on its way, and either the tracking number he gave me is wrong or the usps.com site is not working properly. It's either that or the jacket has not shipped yet or was lost before the package could be scanned. I'm hoping I will get the jacket soon and it'll fit properly. As soon as I find out anything more, I'll post a update.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]