Re: My (ongoing) quest for a Wested

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Danno from 54.indianapolis-24rh16rt.in.dial-access.att.net on March 08, 2001 at 12:39:20:

In Reply to: My (ongoing) quest for a Wested posted by Indy Fan on March 08, 2001 at 10:58:11:

Ok here is the dope on tracking numbers. USPS, as far as I know, doesnt track international packages at all. Believe me, I know, I work there, Letter Carrier. Once a package, that needs to be "scanned" comes into the USA, such as the ones that Wested sends through "Parcel Force", it gets a BRAND NEW tracking number. Most parcels from the UK come into New York, that is where they get the new tracking number. From there, some, but not all go to Chicago for a customs inspection. Why Chicago? No idea whatsoever. I do know they tend to take some time once customs get em. Someone around here once said, "Well I called the post office and they told me they do track these numbers, from the UK that is". Well whatever, I work there, and they dont, so go figure. Maybe other areas do, but WE DONT HERE. We have to track the new number, how you would get it is beyond me. But try parcel force like Indy Dawg said I guess. Danno

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]