Re: Machu Picchu is Awesome

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by marc from 204.128.192.73 on March 08, 2001 at 13:02:59:

In Reply to: I am going to PERU ... !!! posted by Jamison on March 08, 2001 at 00:01:50:

: Next Friday, March 16th, I leave for Peru. I will land in Lima and catch a local flight to Cusco. From there I have hired a cook, a guide/translator, a couple of horsemen, and some porters to trek through the Andes mountains and explore several archealogy sites. I will be in the mountains for 7 days.

: And there is no escaping the fact that the first scene on Raiders of the Lost Ark has inspired this trip.

: Wish me luck!

: Jamison

Jamison:

I went to Peru last year and you will not be disappointed. When you get to Cuzco, drink the tea to get aclimated to the altitude first and spend a few days around Cuzco seeing the ruins before heading off to Machu Picchu. There are some great local ruins, but if you go to Machu Picchu first, they pale in comparison, so check out Cuzco first, because it is a good build up to Machu Picchu. You will not be disappointed.

I too am an Indy inspired traveller, so for your next trip, think about Siem Reap, Cambodia to check out the Temples at Angkor. Probably some of the best Indiana Jones ruins.

Good luck!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]