Congratulations! You deserve it!(nm)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dakota Ellison from spider-mtc-ta024.proxy.aol.com on March 08, 2001 at 22:43:48:

In Reply to: Final FS Expedition in hand... posted by Patterson on March 08, 2001 at 19:41:35:

: MK and I grabbed lunch today, and he snapped off some pics of the Expedition as well as the Old Cowhide US Wings. I imagine we’ll see them posted soon.

: The Expedition has turned out as well as I ever could have hoped. My sincere thanks to all who inspired this jacket. I am extremely happy with the final results – and for me they are final, and needing no further revisions. I feel this is a true and accurate reproduction of the jacket we see in Raiders.

: To those who have expressed their support both below and in direct emails, thank you.

: For DeWayne, Austin, and even Sallah, please accept my apologies if I have unfairly criticized you. This jacket is a fan-inspired jacket, and I believe it is true to that spirit. I had believed as much had been expressed previously, but I credit DeWayne for opening my stubborn eyes to the seam alignment long before I ever saw an original. You want to know the big secret – the seams on the original did line up. The overwhelming evidence of film footage of seams that did not line up led to the decision to deviate – one that I took unilaterally and very likely deceptively. My apologies to FS and Lee if I overstepped my bounds and the goal we had set for ourselves, but I believe it needed to be that way to make the jacket correct. I credit Austin for pushing me to push on the height of the pleat when I really did not have the energy to do so after the first release of the jacket – I needed a kick in the seat. Again, if I have not expressed thanks before - and I though I had - my apologies.

: And to set things straight – this is Lee’s baby. It began with Lee and ends with Lee. I was just the resident anal-retentive pain-in-the-ass that may have helped push things along, but it never would have happened if not for Lee. Also, I never would have had the opportunity to be involved in this had it not been for Michaelson. For me personally, he adds more to this hobby than any other individual I’ve met out here.

: So, enough drivel for now. MK – where are the pics?

: Cheers!

: Patterson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: