Peters Brothers!!!!!!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indydawg from 168.9.41.100 on March 09, 2001 at 11:19:23:

In Reply to: Indy Miller Durability posted by Don on March 09, 2001 at 09:52:43:

That is, if you want a custom made hat, at a reasonable price (195.00 after shipping) that will take beating after beating! Millers are not known for their durability. Akubras are also good hats, but you can't get them custom. According to Michaelson, there is a new Akubra in the pipeline that is a VERY good likeness to the Raiders hat. Correct me if I'm wrong, Michaelson, but I think you will be able to get a dimensional cut on the brim, the correct width ribbon, and lining (Some Akubras do not have linings). The only thing I think you will have to do is bash the crown yourself. All for about 50.00 US...also not bad, but like I said, it isn't a custom job! Just my thoughts on it!!!
Regards,
Indydawg

: Greetings!

: I am about to ask a question that is like beating a dead horse, but I never paid attention when it was asked before. Is the Indy Miller a durable hat? I am not so concerned with small accuracy issues, but need something that isn't crap. I have a handmade fedora that cost about $300 and it is on its last leg (it did last through three years of constant wear and battle). I'd appreciate any thoughts on the Miller before I purchase.

: Cheers!

: Don

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: