Re: INDY DVD!!!! ON EBAY!!! REAL!!! -- not quite

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indiana Jimmie from c534436-a.potlnd1.or.home.com on March 09, 2001 at 11:46:24:

In Reply to: INDY DVD!!!! ON EBAY!!! REAL!!! posted by RBF1138 on March 09, 2001 at 10:18:56:

Dvd's are now so easy to produce....most folks can now make them on thier home computer.

I'm sure these are more professionaly produced, however.

My experience with this sort of thing (and my experience is pretty extensive) is that they usually have TERRIBLE sound synchronization problems, and NEVER have very clear pictures. I almost prefer vcd's to "home brewed" dvd's, simply because the video is sharper, albeit STILL pretty crappy, depending on the source.
Which brings me to my next point :

These ARE NOT taken from any source material other than maybe the LD's, and/or the new video releases. They are simply the highest order of bootleg Indy videos.

As for them being in 5.1? That's probably not true. The source material IS digital stereo, so they may just be saying that they are 5.1, when they actually are not.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again...probably nothing better than a pretty unique Indy collectible. Most times not worth the cd's they're pressed on.

Hope this helps!!

Indiana Jimmie

: Yes, it's real, 5.1 region free DVD!!!! Heres the link:
: http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1413859183

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL: