Re: Thanks......

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patterson from 63.104.29.112 on March 09, 2001 at 12:55:23:

In Reply to: Thanks...... posted by junior on March 09, 2001 at 12:28:29:

: I'm not gonna ask which you prefer, lamb or goat...duh.

: The question I do have is why the goat and not lamb.

: Meaning, to you, is the lamb way off the mark as to "authenticity" to the jacket in the movie?

: Yes, the original was lamb, I'm aware of that.
: I ask this wondering if the FS lamb does not "look" and/or "feel" as "authentic" as the original. And that you went with thin veg goat because it does.

: Hope I'm making sense.

: thanks,

: jr

Well, maybe more that if I went for the goat I could always justify getting a lamb later on - part of the vicious cycle. (grin)

I liked the grain of the veg goat with respect to authenticity - very tight for goat, and the lamb of the original was very close. Actually, the grain of the FS lamb is very close to the grain of the original in that it actually had grain. One criticism I've had for the Wested lamb I've seen is that it is virtually devoid of natural grain and has so much finish/pigment on it that what little grain there is is hidden.

Also, the seal brown color is dead on to how the original looked in the flesh. They have lamb in the same color. Authenticity-wise, you cannot go wrong with the lambskin. Confusing? Sorry, though I have a call from Dave right now to talk about some of this stuff. More to come in a new post, above.

Cheers!

Patterson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: