WRONG

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brian from dsl254-120-114-nyc1.dsl-isp.net on March 09, 2001 at 13:44:10:

In Reply to: Re: INDY DVD!!!! ON EBAY!!! REAL!!! -- not quite posted by Indiana Jimmie on March 09, 2001 at 11:46:24:

DVDs are neither cheap, nor easy to produce. DVD and CD are completey different technologies, requiring completely different hardware and media. The movies in question are either:
1) real DVDs that somebody got their hands on, somehow
2) original VCDs (Indiana Jones VCDs do exist- I've seen them, pressed labels and everything)
3) bootleg VCDs made by capturing VHS or LD streams and then converting to MPEG1/VCD (29.976fps- NTSC, or 25.000fps- PAL)
4) bootleg DVDs that a very enterprising individual with a DVD burner (read: expensive) made from an LD or VHS stream (see #3).

: Dvd's are now so easy to produce....most folks can now make them on thier home computer.

: I'm sure these are more professionaly produced, however.

: My experience with this sort of thing (and my experience is pretty extensive) is that they usually have TERRIBLE sound synchronization problems, and NEVER have very clear pictures. I almost prefer vcd's to "home brewed" dvd's, simply because the video is sharper, albeit STILL pretty crappy, depending on the source.
: Which brings me to my next point :

: These ARE NOT taken from any source material other than maybe the LD's, and/or the new video releases. They are simply the highest order of bootleg Indy videos.

: As for them being in 5.1? That's probably not true. The source material IS digital stereo, so they may just be saying that they are 5.1, when they actually are not.

: I've said it before, and I'll say it again...probably nothing better than a pretty unique Indy collectible. Most times not worth the cd's they're pressed on.

: Hope this helps!!

: Indiana Jimmie

: : Yes, it's real, 5.1 region free DVD!!!! Heres the link:
: : http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1413859183

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL: