Re: US Wings Old Cow

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patterson from 63.104.29.112 on March 09, 2001 at 14:26:17:

In Reply to: Re: US Wings Old Cow posted by Zippy on March 09, 2001 at 01:13:42:

: : I havent followed this FS/Wested thing too close, but is that a new finish or dis-stressed finish? That is about the exact color of my pre-distressed Wested! Well after about 2 years anyway. I personally dont like the color at all, dont even wear mine at all anymore. Think I may just get a new un-distressed jacket from Wested.

: It's a distressed jacket, hence the "Old Cow" name. I have an "Old Cow" A-2 from Wings which really doesn't look reddish at all... it's a nice mellow vintage brown, but I guess jackets will vary in color. I personally love the look and have actually been wearing it more than my Indy jacket lately -- which might be sacrilege to say so around here.

: Regards,
: Zippy

The red tone came from treating it with silicone to resist spotting and staining. You are exactly right - this is a dead-ringer for what my predistressed Wested's looked like out of the box, before treatment with Pecards. I would agree that this is not a jacket I'd own if I had no others, but I think it is an awesome one. Also, whatever David Hack did to tweak his pattern resolved a few little naggin issues I've had with the cut and length - it's a home run in my book.

Cheers!

Patterson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: