Thanks for the info, Michaelson! (nm)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Zippy from sa-165-227-130-147.cruzio.com on March 09, 2001 at 15:42:28:

In Reply to: Re: Question for Michaelson, regarding ScotchGard posted by Michaelson on March 09, 2001 at 15:36:08:

: : I remember you mentioning that you used ScotchGard on your "Old Cow" Indy jacket. Did it change the color at all? I don't remember if you said it did or not. I'd also like to protect my Old Cow jacket with ScotchGuard, but not if it changes the color. BTW, did you use just standard ScotchGard? Thanks!

: : Regards,
: : Zippy

: I used Scotch Gard specifically made for leather protection, and it's in a brown can with the usual scotch plaid covering. The color of the jacket turned very dark with the wetting of the product, but once it dried, it you could not tell it had even been done except for the water that now beads on it when wet. You can not over do the application either, which was neat. The instructions say use a heavy and complete covering, then allow to dry, 24 hours is best. The color returned to it's original appearance. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]