Re: What Price Glory

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Laurie Jensen from proxy2.frmt1.sfba.home.com on September 26, 1998 at 13:23:50:

In Reply to: What Price Glory posted by Matthew Walker on September 25, 1998 at 15:09:47:

: Are the MKVII respirator bags on the What Price Glory page the same as MKVII gas mask bags.

:
: Matt Walker

Yes, the bags are one and the same. However, I think there are a few things you need to know before dealing with this dealer. First, as I stated before, he currently doesn't have a fresh shipment of Mk VII bags; the bags he's delivered must be a few he managed to scrape together. At this point, I don't know if he has any left. Secondly, someone of this board just bought some bags from him and reported that a couple of them were Canadian Mk VII's. When you email him, be sure to emphasize that you want the olive green British bags, not the mustard colored Canadian bags. If you read the post, the board member (Gary, I think) mentioned the differences in the front snaps, which are flat snaps on some bags and saucer-shaped with dimples on the rims with others. I disagree with his pick (the saucer-shaped snaps) but you must decide for yourself, provided you really care. Remember, you have to be specific about what you want. A final point, is that this dealer is beginning to get suspicious about why so many people want the bags; I don't know if this has affected pricing, so be wary. Otherwise, he is friendly, quick with delivery, and he does take returns if you're not satisfied.

Good luck.

Laurie

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: