Here's a descripion of mine...ugh...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indiana Jimmie from 1Cust80.tnt8.beaverton.or.da.uu.net on March 09, 2001 at 23:48:39:

In Reply to: Speaking of "ages..." posted by schwammy on March 09, 2001 at 13:30:52:

I was a freshman in High school when the film came out, and thought I would do the costume for Halloween that year. My friend had brought a whip for me back from Mexico, and it was horrendous....white and black diamond shape, 4 strand special. Yeesh. The carrier was a thing I made in a leather projects class (I had to stamp my initials in the front to get a completion grade), and didn't hold it well at all.I had a cheesy beat-up fedora that my Grandfather gave me (VERY much in the LC style - Holy Foreshadowing, Batman!). I made a bag from leather - hehe - and I wore an old bb gun "revolver" (oddly enough, it was the sort that "broke" in the center to load it)in a police holster my father loaned me, along with a brown Dress jacket he owned.
The shirt was a cowboy shirt (complete with tassels, fortheluvapete - which I removed. Don't ask), and I had on these crappy brown TUFFSKIN jeans that I found at the goodwill. Remember TUFFSKINS?

Anyway, my mother thought it was a scream, so she took numerous photos. I should hit her up to see if she still has them.

On a side note, I used to play the TSR Indy roleplaying game back then too, and she videotaped us one night playing - both so that she wouldn't disturb us, and so she could see what a roleplaying session was like (This was back when kids were killing themselves over the death of thier characters)...I'll bet she still has THAT tape, too!!

Time to visit my P and M, I reckon!!

Indiana Jimmie

: I think it would be fun to see if anyone has any photos of how we tried to dress like Indy when we were kids, before the internet, before we had money, before any of this. I know I've got one somewhere of myself that I'll try and find. Anyone else?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]